The Fit & Flex Fridays (FFF) posts highlight one of my workouts I did during the week, for anyone to give a try or modify for themselves.
The workout covered here is a leg workout. It includes a variety of exercises to work. From bodyweight exercises and weights to explosive exercises. It includes a few jumping exercises and olympic lifts to focus more on explosiveness.
- 10 Minute cycle or jog
- 1 or 2 Vinyasa flows
- 20 Metre Knee hug walk
- 20 metre ‘A’ walk (Bend forward and place your hands on the floor in front of you. Keep your legs straight and walk on all fours. Almost like walking in a downward dog position)
- 20 metre alternating lunges
- Pitsol squats | 3 sets of 10 reps (Use a trx band to hold if you cannot do them on your own)
- *Explosive jumps | 3 sets
*Take 3 or 4 foam rollers and place vertically upright in a row, a few steps apart from each other. Then from the start jump over each one, keeping going till the last one. Take a short break then repeat back to the start. Thats 1 set. When you jump, aim to clear the foam roller with your feet together and above the top of the foam roller. So try to avoid opening your legs and jumping with your feet on either side of the foam roller. It may take some practice but keep at it!
- Clean and squat | 3 sets
- Squat snatch | 3sets
- Leg press | 6 sets (2 drop sets)
- Leg extensions | 4 sets
- 2 leg reverse glute hyper lift SUPERSET with Stiff legged deadlifts | 3 sets
- Seated calf raises | 2 sets of 30 reps each. Every 10 change foot position.
- Standing calf raises with weight | 2 sets of 30 reps each. Every 10 change foot position.
- Leg press machine calf raises | 2 sets of 30 reps each. Every 10 change foot position.
- 40 Minute to an hour stretching.
- Stretching is almost good after legs as you are very warm.
- Aim to cover stretches such as: forward lunge, downward dog, front splits, side splits, forward fold, pancake, cobra etc.
- Go into each stretch and hold for 30 seconds to a minute.
- Be sure to ease into each stretch and then slowly go deeper into it.