A few months back I acquired a wooden standing desk from deskstand.com and I thought I would share my thoughts and experiences using the desk. I tried quite a variety of setups and positions with it, standing, sitting, sitting cross legged, you name it! I hope this is useful and helpful if you are thinking of getting some sort of standing desk.
With the whole working from home thing, we tend to find that we are sitting way more than before. We don’t get up and get ready and make a commute to the office, instead we get out of bed and into our desk chair where we spend most of the day. While skipping the commute is not a bad thing at all, we may find that we are moving less or walking less because of it, especially if we do not make a conscious effort to move or to do some form of exercise or movement each day.
So a great way to help with our posture and movement is to opt for a standing desk. There are different types, some are conventional desks with electric motors that lifts the desk up or down with a push of a button. There are also adjustable desks such as the one in this article and video, made out of wood that can be adjusted to suit different heights.
- Great way to convert your current desk setup into a standing desk.
- Easy assembly and disassembly to switch between sitting and standing.
- Multiple levels or heights.
- Can be disassembled for easy storage when not in use.
- Can be used in different positions, for standing and various sitting desk positions as well.
- Certainly helps with movement and mobility by being able to switch between sitting and standing.
- While it is easy to assemble, I did find that I would become a little bit lazy to make the switch and do the assembly if I didn’t already have it on my desk.
- It can be a bit bulky, so if you want to keep it on your desk constantly it does take up a lot of space.
Is a deskstand worth it?
The deskstand is certainly a versatile piece of office equipment, and I found a lot of different uses or positions to use it in, as you can see in the video. It is great if you don’t want to spend too much money on a standing desk and also to ascertain if you will stick to using a standing desk first before spending a lot of money on an electric standing desk for instance.