French toast is quite a filling, and great breakfast to have. You get good quality muscle building protein, vitamins and minerals from the eggs, as well as some carbohydrates for energy from the bread. BUT it becomes unhealthy and far too calorie dense when it is deep fried in all that oil and then topped with golden syrup.
So for this recipe we will hardy use any oil to fry the French toast in and we will replace the golden syrup with some organic natural honey. This makes a great breakfast to start the day or even a great pre workout meal.
The equipment needed here is a toaster and an electric frying pan.
Breakfast Recipe for Healthy French Toast and its Oil Free! Recipe
By April 28, 2013Published:
- Yield: 1 Servings
- Prep: 5 mins
- Cook: 8 mins
- Ready In: 13 mins
French toast is quite a filling, and great breakfast to have. You get good quality muscle building protein, vitamins and minerals …
- 2 slices whole-wheat-bread
- 3 eggs
- Dash of salt
- 1 Tablespoon honey
- 50 ml milk
- 1 a lemon
- Sprinkle of cinnamon
- Place the 2 slices of bread in the toaster, and slightly toast.
- Break the eggs in a bowl, add the milk and salt and mix.
- Place one slice of toast in the egg mix and soak (turn over and allow it to soak on both sides).
- Spray the electric frying pan with spray and cook and then spray a tiny bit of oil on the pan and place it on medium heat. Then Lay the first slice of egg soaked toast on the pan and cover with a lid. Cook for about 2 minutes then turn over and cook for another 2 – 4 minutes. Once done repeat with the second slice.
- Allow a few seconds to cool then sprinkle some cinnamon over the slices, squeeze some lemon juice over it, and spread some honey on each slice, and enjoy! (Hint: If the slices become too cold, don't microwave, rather place in the toaster for a few seconds. This will keep the crunchiness and avoid them becoming soggy).
- Course: Breakfast