For all the Oreo lovers out there, heres a way to make your own, kind of healthyish oreos! It’s called the Moreo because everyone wants MORE Oreo 😉
Download a pdf of the recipe here: The MOREO Recipe
For the “Oreo” biscuit:
- 3/4 cup of spelt flour
- 1/4 cup of raw cacao powder
- 1/4 cup of Xylitol
- 1/4 tsp of salt
- 1/4 tsp of baking powder
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 2 tbsp raw honey
- 1/4 cup Coconut Oil (melted)
- 3 tbsp of milk (bit more if mixture comes out too dry)
- 1/2 can of coconut cream
- 1 1/2 tablespoons of Natural peanut butter
- 1 tbsp of Xylitol
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract
- 2 Atkins Endulge bars (Milk Chocolate)
- 3/4 cup of Dark Chocolate discs
- 2 tbsp of Coconut Oil
- Pre-heat oven to 180 ° C.
- Combine dry ingredients in a bowl and mix well (First five ingredients of the oreo biscuit).
- In a separate bowl, combine the remaining ingredients (vanilla, honey, melted coconut oil, and milk).
- Place the liquid ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix till you get a soft dough.
- Place in a bowl and cover up with a cling film. Leave it in the refrigerator for about 30 minutes.
- After letting it rest, take the dough out and roll out with a rolling pin. Take a circle cutter (or just use the rim of a glass) to cut out circles from the dough.
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper and place the biscuit pieces on it.
- Bake for 25 – 30 minutes and then allow to cool completely.
- While the biscuits are baking, prepare the cream filling.
- Place coconut cream in a bowl and stir until it becomes a smooth consistency.
- Stir in the xylitol, melted coconut oil, and peanut butter.
- Slowly melt the dark chocolate and atkins bars.
- Once fully melted take off the heat, and combine with the coconut cream mixture.
- Place in the fridge to set (should be about 2 hours).
Putting it all together:
Once the biscuits have cooled, take one and put a tablespoon or so of coconut cream mixture on the biscuit. Place another biscuit on top to form a “sandwich” effect.. Continue till all biscuits have been filled.
Enjoy immediately or place in the fridge to keep the cream filling set.