Nike Free 5.0 Print Running Shoe Quick Review Stats:
- Overall Rating: 8 out of 10
- Comfort Rating: 9 out of 10
- Grip rating: 8 out of 10
- Aesthetics Rating: 7 out of 10
- Used for: Gym, Running + much more.
The Nike free 5.0is a flashy lightweight running shoe suited to people who want a lightweight ‘almost barefoot’ experience. They are a great all round training shoe.
- When looking at the shoes it can seem that they may not stand up to extreme situations, but on a closer look they are pretty sturdy, compact and strong.
- The shoes are very comfortable once you get used to them and provide great flexibility and feeling.
- They provide very good grip, with the flexible rubber material they use, as well as how they have strategically designed and shaped the flexible underneath of the shoe.
- They are very light and do not have that heavy feel, weighing your foot down.
- There are many different colors to choose from.
Shop the look:
- The only improvement for the shoe would be that the top half of the shoe (around the toes) could be slightly more snug and comfortable. I tried a size bigger and smaller and the smaller size was too tight but the bigger size left a bit too much room around the top half of the foot.
The shoes are relatively expensive, ranging anywhere between 1000 to 1300 ZAR.
If you prefer a more barefoot feel for use mainly indoors (in the gym for instance), opt for the 3.0’s (the model below the 5.0’s) but be sure to break into them steadily if you plan on running long distances with them.
Buying new running or training shoes and want to save? 183,911 running shoe prices analyzed in this study!
Great infographics are presented as part of the article to summarise all the finding and results.