Here is a very simple recipe which you can make, and enjoy on one of those cold winter nights. It is a deliciously healthy recipe for Beetroot soup.
“Not only is beetroot great for boosting stamina and making muscles work harder, it also contains potassium, magnesium and iron as well as vitamins A, B6 and C, and folic acid.” 
“Beetroot’s iron content means it’s good for those with anaemia and fatigue.” 
Heart Healthy Beetroot Soup Recipe
By June 23, 2013Published:
- Yield: 2 Servings
- Prep: 10 mins
- Cook: 25 mins
- Ready In: 35 mins
Here is a very simple recipe which you can make, and enjoy on one of those cold winter nights. It is a deliciously healthy recipe …
- 1 Chopped onion
- 1 carrot You can add more if you like
- 1 star-anise
- Couple of bay-leafs
- 1 or 2 cans-of-beetroot
- 1 Cup chicken-stock
- 2 Spoons plain-greek-yoghurt
- Sprinkle of chives Used to Garnish
- 1 Clove crushed-garlic
- Chop onions and grate carrot(s).
- In a deep pot heat a little olive oil and then add onions to brown with the crushed garlic, bay leaves and star anise.
- Then add grated carrots and cook for a few minutes.
- Add chicken stock and bring to boil , then add salt and pepper to taste.
- Once boiling add beet root and allow to boil for a few minutes.
- Once all ingredients have been boiling together for some time, remove the star anise and bay leaves so that you can use a stick blender to combine soup. (For an extra kick add few drops of Tabasco sauce)
- Pour soup into bowl and add a spoon or two of the Greek Yoghurt and chopped chives to garnish.
- Course: Dinner