A high protein, gluten-free, sugar-free dessert made with nourishing ingredients, and its VEGAN! Sure to satisfy that sweet-tooth!
If you like this recipe and want to see more like it, or more vegan/vegetarian dessert recipes please feel free to drop us an email here. Or if you are interested in having healthy vegan/vegetarian baked goods made for you or a small event please get in touch with us. (*Only around Pretoria and Johannesburg and depending on time and numbers).
- ¼ cup sunflower seeds
- ¼ cup pumpkin seeds
- ½ cup currants
- ¼ cup raw cacao nibs
- 1 cup fresh cherries
- 1 cup cashew nuts
- 3 tbsp organic extra virgin coconut oil
- ¼ cup water
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder OR raw cacao powder*
- 4 tbsp raw honey or maple syrup*
- Cacao nibs/sugar free chocolate for decoration
- Add the sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds. Process until a sticky mixture is achieved.
- Add cacao nibs and pulse a few times.
- Press this mixture into silicon tart moulds (makes it easier to remove the tarts). This will be the base of the cheesecake.
- Pit and halve a few cherries (save some for decorating) and place them on the cheesecake base in a single layer.
- Place the rest of the ingredients in a blender. Blend until you end up with a smooth and creamy mixture. You may have to stop in between to scrape down the sides. If blending is difficult, add a tad more water or coconut oil to move it along.
- Scoop the filling on top of the cherry bases and smooth the tops.
- Cover with cling wrap and place the tray in the freezer to set.
- Depending on the consistency desired, setting time can vary from an hour to overnight.
- Melt cacao nibs or chocolate in a double boiler. Drizzle over chilled cheesecakes.
- Decorate with cherries.
*Honey and maple syrup can be used as natural, sugar alternatives. In a pinch, you can use golden syrup – it’s not sugar free though!
*Use cacao powder, cacao nibs and raw honey for a raw version of this recipe.