Do you find yourself on the go from the moment you wake up, with no time to cook or even eat breakfast? Then this recipe is perfect for you; its simple, nutritious, healthy, quick and tasty! The ideal meal to kick start your day with as it is packed with all the muscle building nutrients you need! It is a recipe for a breakfast pancake/pizza. The reason why it is also called a pizza, is because of its shape and it can be cut up and eaten just like you would, pizza slices. It is ideal to pack in a container and eat even while you are on your way to work.
These pancakes freeze well, thus you can make a few at once and keep in the fridge or freezer to use for those early mornings when rushing to work. All you have to do is place in the microwave for +- 1 minute, drizzle some honey over it, slice evenly and enjoy!
- Protein: 25 grams
- Carbohydrates: 55 grams
- Fat: 17 grams
- Calories: 475
*Please note, you can adjust the quantity of oats as well as egg yolks to meet your own nutritional requirements.
On The Go, Nutritious And Healthy Breakfast – Choc Banana Pancake/Pizza Recipe
By September 2, 2013Published:
- Yield: 1 Pancake/Pizza ( 1 Servings )
- Prep: 5 mins
- Cook: 6 mins
- Ready In: 11 mins
Do you find yourself on the go from the moment you wake up, with no time to cook or even eat breakfast? Then this recipe is …
- 3 Whole eggs
- 80 ml milk
- 1 tsp vanilla-essence
- 1 tsp banana-essence
- 1 tsp (heaped) cocoa
- 1 tsp stevia
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 60 grams jungle-oats-raw
- 1 sliced banana
- 2 large sliced strawberries
- Crack the eggs into a deep bowl, and add to it, the milk, vanilla & banana essence. Mix well.
- Then add the dry ingredients (cocoa, stevia, cinnamon, strawberries and banana and oats), adding the oats last. Mix this well.
- Spray some spray and cook on a non stick skillet/frying pan and place on a stove plate which is on a medium heat setting.
- Pour the mixture into the skillet and make sure it spreads evenly over the whole pan. Cover with a lid and allow to cook for approximately 4 minutes.
- Using a spatula flip the pancake onto the opposite side and allow to cook for one minute.
- Remove from the pan and place on a steel rack to cool.
- Once cooled, drizzle some honey over, slice evenly and enjoy!
- Course: Breakfast