In any industry there are so many myths and misconceptions due to so much ‘information’ and marketing going around. This couldn’t be more true in the fitness industry, where everyone is trying to sell you some new product or supplement to help you lose weight, ‘tone up’, or pack on the muscle. It can be very confusing to know what is the truth and what isn’t.
I came across the image below on the net and had to share it, as it really hits a few nails on the head and gives you the straight up truth about many aspects that we think are true!
Some other common misconceptions:
- Exercising can be fun. Just find a form you enjoy, even if it doesn’t involve the gym.
- More and more protein is not always better.
- There is no pill or supplement that will get you in shape overnight.
- Waist trainers do not make you lose tummy fat.
- There is no ‘super’ food. With all good foods, they all have their benefits, thus why a balanced diet is recommended.
- A lot of marketing sells most supplements and most fitness products.
- Supplements should not replace proper whole foods.
- Having abs is not the key to happiness.
- ‘Detox’ products that promise to ‘detox your system in a day’ do not detox anything.
- There are many other sources of protein besides meat and fish.
- No training style is better than another. It all depends on what YOU want to do and achieve and what you like.
You May Also Like: