How often do you train your abs?
Off season I never do abs, I only introduce abs training 4-5 weeks before comp and then do them 2-3 times a week.
How many exercises/sets/reps do you recommend when targeting just abs?
- I recommend 3-4 different exercises.
- Reps can range anything from 15-20 reps even to failure.
- I usually work on 4-5 sets of each exercise with a lot of super sets.
Do you split the exercises to target different parts of your abs?
Yes most definitely, there are a lot of muscles that need targeting around the torso.
Do you recommend adding weight when training abs?
Yes and no, I personally ONLY use body weight when doing abs.
Abs are made in the kitchen.
What does a typical ab workout look like for you?
- 5 sets hanging leg raises 10-15 reps.
- 5 sets ab wheel 10-15 reps.
- 5 sets seated ab crunch 15-20 reps.
These 3 are all super setted in a giant set.
- 3 sets of 15-20 reps side crunches.